You do not have to wait until you’re 58 years old to make a difference. You can start right now.
Paul had this in mind for Timothy when he wrote, “Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity” (1 Timothy 4:12).
Consider the following examples:
- D.L. Moody began his ministry at age 21
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer began his ministry at age 25
- Charles Spurgeon began preaching at age 16
- Billy Graham began preaching at age 19
- Jonathan Edwards began preaching at age 19
- Charles Whitfield began preaching at age 25
- John Calvin wrote his classic book at age 22
- Mark Driscoll planted Mars Hill Church at age 25
The point of this aforementioned list is not to discourage us or beat us down with guilt, but rather open our eyes to show and encourage…
View original post 214 more words